Grade 3 winner Meribel, an earner of $523,070 during a distinguished racing career in which she won seven races and placed in three Grade 2 events, is the headliner in Runnymede’s consignment to the Keeneland November sale.
In foal to Midnight Lute—whose first crop of three-year-olds included this year’s Acorn Stakes (G1) winner Midnight Lucky, classic Queen’s Plate winner Midnight Aria and Grade 1-placed Mylute and Irish Lute—Meribel is a 10-year-old daughter of Peaks and Valleys. She is a half sister to stakes winner Knox and her family includes multiple Grade 1 winner Banker’s Lady.
Meribel will enter the ring as Hip 186 on the first day of the sale. Runnymede has retained Meribel’s yearling colt by Unbridled’s Song.
Other November sale offerings include:
· Pampering, a five-year-old mare by Hennessy out of the Grade 2-placed Pulpit mare Hot Attraction from the family of our foundation mare Kazadancoa and in foal to Broken Vow (Hip 1218);
· K’ehleyr, a 12-year-old mare by Rahy who is in foal to champion Cape Blanco (Hip 1539);
· Bayani, a 13-year-old Deputy Commander mare who is a half sister to the dam of multiple Grade 1 winner Tapitsfly and in foal Tapit’s champion son Hansen (Hip 2998);
· Cotton Club Ballet, a nine-year-old daughter of Street Cry who is a half sister to four stakes horses including Grade 3 winner and Grade 1-placed Midnight Cry and in foal to Regal Ransom (Hip 3065), and
· Kith N Kin, a 10-year-old mare by Spinning World from the immediate family of influential sire Blushing Groom who is in foal to Tiz Wonderful (Hip 3161).
The Keeneland sale begins on November 5.